It’s a Peer-to-Peer World Day 1 Recap
Friday, September 10, was day one of It’s a Peer-to-Peer World virtual conference. This year’s conference takes place five Fridays September 10 – October 8, and it’s packed full of tips, techniques, and insights on all things peer-to-peer fundraising.
In case you missed it, here’s a recap of day one of the virtual conference:
- Virtual 5k – Attendees kicked off the day with a great virtual run and a fun conversation with Julie Wallock from Charge Running and me.
- 2022 & Beyond: Future-Proofing Your Peer-to-Peer Program – Maureen Wallbeoff, who helps nonprofits navigate today’s complex tech platforms, outlined the four “Ps” for preparing for what comes next: Plan, People, Platform, and Process.
- Peer-to-Peer Email Communications Workshop: Strategy – In the first day of this five-day workshop, Kari Bodell from Susan G. Komen and Jillian Stewart from Peerworks Consulting helped attendees learn how to build a strong peer-to-peer email communications strategy.
- Back to the Future! Trends and Predictions in Peer-to-Peer Fundraising – Abby Jarvis from Qgiv and Margaux Pagán from The Sharing Center shared trends, insights, and strategies for making virtual/hybrid events a success.
- How to Tap into the P2P Power of Golf Fundraising – In this session, Logan Foote from GolfStatus.org taught attendees about the underutilized power of golf as a peer-to-peer fundraising tool. He included a great case study from Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals and Play Yellow.
- Lessons from Launching a Livestream Fundraising Program – Brian Bennici from Neon Fundraising and Jon Douglas from Neon One showed attendees how nonprofits like CHOC Foundation and AIDS Walk NYC are bringing livestreaming to their peer-to-peer events.
- The NY Jets Nick Mangold 9/11 20th Anniversary Challenge: Aligning Cause, Technology, and Passion – In this session, Nick Mangold from the N.Y. Jets joined Sarah Hartmann from Kilter and Rachel Trotta from Answer the Call to talk about the power of aligning key moments in time with cause, passion, and technology to support a nonprofit’s mission through peer-to-peer fundraising.
If you missed day one of the conference, you can view the session recordings at: https://peertopeerworld.com/view-recorded-sessions/.
And, don’t miss the next four Fridays of It’s a Peer-to-Peer World. It’s not too late to sign up for additional sessions and activities: https://peertopeerworld.com/.
Finally, join the conversation on the LinkedIn Group that we plan on carrying on beyond the conference!