NONPROFIT BECOMES SELF-SUFFICIENT ON NEW ONLINE FUNDRAISING AND MARKETING PLATFORM
Cathexis Partners helps nonprofit implement, customize, and learn to use Luminate Online Marketing™
Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution (WHOI) is a nonprofit organization dedicated to ocean research, exploration, and education. In 2015, the WHOI team wanted to move from disparate marketing tools to Luminate Online Marketing — a comprehensive online fundraising and marketing platform from Blackbaud that is able to integrate with WHOI’s donor database, The Raiser’s Edge™.
WHOI turned to Cathexis Partners to get them up and running on Luminate Online Marketing. The Cathexis team helped the organization to:
- Implement and configure Luminate Online Marketing in a way that allows WHOI to use and customize the platform in the future on their own
- Customize the TeamRaiser™ peer-to-peer fund raising platform to drive a unique crowdfunding site that allows researchers to propose new projects to fund, and allows anyone to fundraise or donate to a project
- Create a new primary online donation form with the same look and feel as WHOI’s website
- Plan and build an automated email welcome series that provides new email subscribers with information about WHOI’s projects
- Develop email templates for WHOI’s newsletters
- Set up ticketed and non-ticketed calendar events that required RSVPs
The WHOI team now uses their online marketing platform to drive multiple peer-to-peer events, marketing emails, donation forms, and calendar events — all on their own.