ROSWELL PARK ALLIANCE FOUNDATION TAKES PEER-TO-PEER FUNDRAISING EVENTS TO NEW HEIGHTS
Cathexis Partners helps organization set up software and improve peer-to-peer processes to reach fundraising goals
Roswell Park Alliance Foundation raises funds for Roswell Park Cancer Institute, the first cancer center in the U.S. In 2015, the foundation turned to Cathexis Partners to move their largest fundraising event, The Ride For Roswell, from the system they had in place into the more robust and flexible TeamRaiser™ p2p fundraising system, part of the Blackbaud Luminate Online™ product. In addition to completing a smooth migration of the complex signature event to the new system, the Cathexis team helped the organization set up automated processes and emails with content targeted to specific participant groups, minimizing the need for Roswell Park’s staffers to manually customize content for various types of participants.
Since the initial migration of The Ride For Roswell to TeamRaiser, Cathexis Partners has helped the foundation to set up and customize additional events on TeamRaiser. This has included:
- Using best practices to set up TeamRaiser event site wrappers
- Automatically presenting a youth or adult waiver based on the answer to a custom “date of birth” question during the online event registration process
- Customizing participant pages to display participation type, level of fundraising, and milestones related to the participant’s fundraising goal
- Modifying fundraising progress meters to present custom results
- Optimizing the TeamRaiser Participant Center for viewing on a wide range of browsers and mobile devices
Along the way, the Cathexis Partners team has trained foundation staffers on how to use, re-use, set up, and update events with custom code in their TeamRaiser events so they can track event data effectively and make changes easily and efficiently today and for years to come.