Top Picks for Fundraisers at 2018 AFP International and NTC Conferences in the Big Easy
It seems like the Big Easy will be the center of the nonprofit universe this April with both AFP International Fundraising Conference and the Nonprofit Technology Conference (NTC) in New Orleans. I won’t miss out on any of the fun: Cathexis Partners will be sponsoring and exhibiting at the events (booth #541 at NTC, and booth #843 at AFP). I’ll also be attending several sessions, and thought I’d share a few that caught my eye:
Wednesday, April 11
- 10:30am – Fundraising Track: Community-Driven Fundraising: How to Use Peer-to-Peer to Cultivate Donor Relationships and Reach New Donors I expect some good insights from this session.
- 1:30pm – Fundraising Track: How to Use Facebook’s Free Fundraising Tools to Drive Donations I hope to learn more about how Facebook plans to overcome the lack of biographical information coming from Facebook donations.
Thursday, April 12
- 10:30am – Fundraising Track: Can You Really Raise Money through Text Messages? This is another area that has been difficult to bridge the link back to biographical information in your database; I hope to see some new insights in this session.
- 1:30pm – Fundraising Track: But Are We Making Progress? Establishing and Using KPIs This is one of our favorite topics at Cathexis Partners: ensuring your organization is identifying key performance indicators and tracking to them.
Friday, April 13
- 10:30am – Fundraising Track: Recurring Donations in a Rapid Response World: Building Sustainable Organizations Right Now Growing sustaining gifts is always a hot topic.
AFP International 2018 (session descriptions):
Sunday, April 15
- 10:45am – Education Track: No Budget, No Problem: How to Successfully Engage the Community Through Third Party Events. This topic is a big focus for me, and I look forward to hearing the speaker’s take on it.
Monday, April 16
- 8:00am – Education Track: How to Create Donor Surveys That Improve Your Fundraising. Listening to your constituents… always important!
- 9:30am – Education Track: The Social Fundraising Data Report for Nonprofits: A Conversation Between CrowdRise by GoFundMe and GuideStar. I look forward to hearing about their findings.
Tuesday, April 17
- 8:00am – Education Track: Donor Segmentation Isn’t Just for Data Geeks. Who doesn’t love some good ol’ geeking out with donor segmentation the first thing in the morning?
Of course, there’s a lot more to do and see at AFP and NTC, but these sessions are my top picks for fundraisers. Also, be sure to stop by the Cathexis booths for some fun Cathexis logo swag and free resources for fundraisers.
We look forward to seeing you there!