Top Picks for Fundraisers at the 2017 Nonprofit Technology Conference
I’ll start this article about top picks for fundraisers at the 2017 Nonprofit Technology Conference (NTC) with full disclosure: I’m excited about #17NTC partly because Cathexis Partners will be exhibiting (booth #508!) and presenting at the event later this month. But, I’m also excited about the lineup of great content for fundraisers.
Here are my top picks for can’t-miss fundraising sessions at NTC 2017:
Thursday, March 23
- 10:30am – Fundraising Track: Help, People Want to Fundraise for Us! Our friend Robyn Mendez from our partner, Blackbaud, will be sharing trends in peer-to-peer and third-party fundraising and discuss how these initiatives integrate into the overall fundraising strategy.
- 1:30pm – Fundraising Track: 10 Things You Can Do to Increase Peer-to-Peer Fundraising. Cathexis Partners’ own Daniella Dowiak and Laura Higgins will talk about how improving participants’ online experience can have a significant impact on the results of peer-to-peer events.
- 3:30pm – Fundraising Track: Secrets of Data-Driven Nonprofits. Our friend Steve MacLaughlin from Blackbaud will talk about why the nonprofit sector is not more data-driven, why it needs to be, and how we get there together.
Friday, March 24
- 10:30am – Fundraising Track: NPSP: What’s Up With That?.NPSP can provide a complete platform for managing your fundraising, volunteers, and programs. For many nonprofits, it finally provides the answers you’ve always needed from your technology.
- 1:30pm – Fundraising Track: Beyond the Event: Creative Approaches to Peer-to-Peer Fundraising. Cathexis Partners’ founding partner, Mark Becker, will moderate a panel of nonprofits who will tell the stories of their real-world experiences with creative peer-to-peer fundraising campaigns.
Saturday, March 25
- 1:30pm – Fundraising Track: Getting Your Digital House in Order: What Smaller Nonprofits Can Do to Raise More Money Online. Van Do from Production Solutions/PS Digital will talk about tips for smaller organizations that want to improve their online fundraising programs.
Of course, there’s lots more to do and see at NTC, but these sessions are my top picks for fundraisers. Also, be sure to stop by the Cathexis booth (#508) for some fun Cathexis logo swag and free resources for fundraisers. I look forward to seeing you there!
Jon Reich has provided nonprofit organizations with technical services and expertise for more than 15 years. He also has a wide range of media experience from his previous work for interactive gaming, motion graphics, and 3D animation studios.