A Few Good Reasons to Consider the Salesforce Nonprofit Success Pack for Your Donor Management Needs
It’s exciting when there’s something new to talk about in the world of donor management for nonprofits. After all, managing and reporting on constituent and donor interactions is critical to raising the funds that support a nonprofit’s mission.
The latest release of the Salesforce Nonprofit Success Pack offers a range of new features for nonprofits that take the CRM platform to new levels. Although the Nonprofit Success Pack (NPSP) has been around for many years, some nonprofits still don’t know about it, and many who are familiar with it don’t know about its latest advancements. In this article, I’ll highlight some of the reasons you might want to consider the NPSP for your donor management needs:
The Nonprofit Success Pack is a powerful, complex system for managing and reporting on your donor and constituent interactions:
- It makes donor management tasks more efficient. Instead of keeping track of contacts and donors manually in spreadsheets, or having to receive a donation in one system and then manually key it into another, you can create them in one spot in the NPSP.
- It’s cloud-based and mobile-friendly, so you can access donor information from anywhere, plus you can do anything with the NPSP via a mobile device that you can do on a desktop.
- It’s FREE! — 10 user licenses/logins to the NPSP are free for nonprofits (additional licenses for the NPSP are $36/month).
- It’s powerful — It’s built on the Salesforce platform, and as a nonprofit user, you get the same powerful CRM tool as any Fortune 500 company using Salesforce.
- It can grow with you. The NPSP integrates with thousands of apps, many built specifically for nonprofits, through the Salesforce AppExchange. So, you can expand and enhance your Salesforce CRM solution with everything from email management to peer-to-peer fundraising management to credit card processing (just to name a few) as your organization’s needs evolve.
- It includes extensive training and resources. The Salesforce Trailhead environment, combined with robust training resources and access to the Power of Us Hub provide a network of training and resources.
Its latest release makes the Nonprofit Success Pack even better:
- It allows you to record matching gifts. There’s not much better than getting a donation that ultimately results in two donations / twice the money! The NPSP allows nonprofits to identify and track matching organizations, record the initial donation received, and then create the matching gift from the matching organization’s record. This feature is flexible in the NPSP, allowing you to record one matching check with a single gift, or split that single matching check between several other original gifts.
- It allows you to record full and partial soft credits (a credit for a donation that a contact or donor did not actually make, but may have somehow influenced).
- Soft credits are calculated in “rollup” fields on contact records, making it easy to see how many donations a contact has influenced for your organization over a lifetime.
- Examples of these include matching gifts, or when a peer-to-peer fundraiser is driving donations (the fundraiser would receive soft credit for every donation he/she brings in as a part of his/her efforts).
- It’s ready for and compatible with the new Lightning user interface within Salesforce. Lightning is a collection of tools and technologies behind a significant upgrade to the Salesforce platform, and the NPSP supports it.
If you haven’t seen Salesforce in a while (or ever!), be sure to take a look at the Nonprofit Success Pack. It just might be the right donor management solution for your nonprofit. And, if you’re still not sure if the NPSP is right for your nonprofit, Cathexis Partners can help you evaluate the NPSP for your organization, and even set it up for you.
by Matt Devine, Senior Database and CRM Manager, Cathexis Partners
Matt has Salesforce Administrator and Luminate CRM certifications and supports multiple Cathexis Partners clients on the Salesforce Nonprofit Success Pack and Luminate CRM products. Prior to joining Cathexis Partners, Matt worked at a nonprofit supporting the internal team, organization, and donors.